Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What should I use to clean a softball glove?

I have a 14" DeMarnini Diablo Softball golve that is filthy.


I would like to get it looking good for the next season.


What should I use to clean it?


I'm not looking to break it in or condition it, just get the dust and dirt off.


Any suggestion?|||Vaseline.It will raise dirt embedded in the top grain of the leather.Use terry cloth or similar material.You won't believe how well You can restore a dirty/worn glove.Check out the Nokona website.|||Damp cloth then use oil to get it back...but the better worn it is the better the feel no matter the look..........|||When I had a glove,(leather of course) a million years ago...I always used a tin of saddle soap. It cleans leather very well, and it takes off dirt without ripping away at the leather. Saddle soap also helps to keep the glove conditioned and gives it some protection from those "occassional" wet games. You can probably get a tin of saddle soap for $4 or less at most of your local supermarkets---look where they keep the shoe polish/ feet sprays/Dr. Shoals stuff. You shouldn't have to get it at an equestrian store/mag. It should be available locally. If you find that it is unavailable, another product that works well is the Murphy's Oil Soap (just don't get the squirt kind...they make it thinner than the regular floor wash). Takes only a little squirt into a chamois cloth to take out dirt and protect leather like saddle soap. Hope these help and just for your FYI I use both on my leather shoes %26amp; belts for my job. Both products won't take the color off the leather either. Good luck %26amp; PLAY BALL !!! (smile).|||shaving cream and when that drys rub it in and use glove oil , it will look real cool!|||Linseed oil|||i have been playing ball for over 45yrs.i always use shaving cream from a can.don't use anything greasy.it's against the rules..shaving cream will lube %26amp;clean it..after it is cleaned put more cream onit %26amp;let it soak into the leather.|||I play softball, also. To be honest, I have never cleaned my glove. The only thing I can think of, is saddle soap. I know it softens the glove, but i never heard of anyone cleaning them. It is sort of a superstition with my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment