Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I stay in shape during the softball off season?

I play for a tournament softball team, we had our last game and won't play again until January. How do I stay in shape, practice, get better, etc over the winter?|||Hey!


I play softball too and I kno it can be tough to stay in shape. Here are a few simple ways to stay in shape:


-try to run at least 3 times a week


-find someone to throw the ball with every once in a while


-stretch as often as possible


-toss yourself pop flies


-do wrist snaps into ur glove


-go to batting cages!


-play another sport


-eat healthy|||Lots of beer, pizza and cigars. You will be in perfect shape for next season.|||play like basketball or another winter sport|||are you seriuos? No one in softball is in shape...that is why they play softball! Just hit the cages once in a while %26amp; maybe a practice or two a month. Softball is pretty damn easy. I play for 3 softball teams %26amp; 1 baseball team on the weekends, i never worry about getting into or staying in shape, you dont need to do anything really.





Wow vicious peopole, i apologize, I was under the asumption the question was regarding slow pitch softball! I didnt realize it was womens softball, that is another matter completely. I have seen women fast pitch softball %26amp; they are in damn good shape! Coudlnt help ya on that never played fastpitch softball, only baseball! I apologize people commun misunderstanding. It doesnt say it is slow pitch or not %26amp; i made an asumption!|||You can join another team that may be less competitive than a tournament team. You can go out maybe a couple times a week or more and hit in batting cages, get a friend to soft toss to you or you can get a tee and hit off one of those by yourself. Another thing is just simply go out for a jog everyday, do another sport completely that you like until you start up again. Hope this helped





Kevin ....your an idiot you most likely play on a men's softball team that uses the squishy white balls. Am I right? That's called slow pitch and its intended for aging old men. This person is probably talking about fast-pitch which is entirely different. I play for my school and on a couple of other teams. I have conflicts cause we practice everyday. People like you really tick me off.|||That Kevin dude is a dumb ***. He's just ignorant.





I play 14U travel softball, and my season just ended also. I just try to work out as much as possible and eat healthy. I also play golf(walking) for high school and tour.





Basically..stay as active as possible during the off season.|||you should just execise daily or something. i have played softball for 9 years and i worry about the same thing.


:)|||Okay first of all, that Kevin dude is extremely ignorant and obviously doesn't know what in the name of all that is holy he's talking about. I would suggest to stay in shape, you hit the gym. As in using the treadmill, lifting some weights, but for getting better during softball, I'd suggest you just keep getting someone just to throw the ball around with you, or maybe get to the batting cages every once in a while.|||bowl and lots of beer. Please it is softball. They have they word soft in there for a reason.|||i would every night do sit ups push ups and leg lifts and also find some other things to do that involve stomach things.





and also to go to the gym or find a tredmill somewhere and start to run. it will also help you with your speed.








sorry if this doesnt help much. my team is a all year around but we live in illionis. crazy rightt?

No comments:

Post a Comment