Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How fast should a varsity senior pitch a softball?

I was just wondering if I am good or just better than the other pitchers on the team. I pitch around 64, and they all average about 57 or so. I'm 17, most of them are between 16 and 18. How fast do you or did you pitch a softball?|||I think I remember seeing on This Week in Baseball that between 60-70 is a good hard pitch. I've never pitched that hard, but based on what I know you're at a very good speed.|||see thats a real baseball/softball player. "forgett about the radar gun just get the people out"


yeah dont get caught up in the speed there are many people who are good players and arent overpowering fast|||Most seniors I have encountered vary from 55-65. Throwing around 64 is throwing pretty hard. You have to remember, though, that many pitchers vary in their style of pitching. The junk pitchers won't throw as hard, but can be just as effective.|||I would worry about the movement of your pitches as well, as opposed to the speed. Speed is good, but after the first time through a batting order, the opposition will have the timing down.|||Forget the radar gun and just concentrate on getting people out.

No comments:

Post a Comment