Friday, December 2, 2011

What are some good ways to train or condition for softball season?

It's almost winter and I want to start training for softball. It's my first time trying out for the team. (I play third base) I was wondering if there were some things I could do during the winter to get in shape and ready for the spring.


=]


Thanks.|||Ice hockey would help a lot! I play twice a week and it keeps me in great shape during the winter and helps with hand-eye coordination. I play softball too and it helps a lot.|||Work on speed. Running speed is so important in softball.





Work on forearm strength.





Play ping pong. It's great for hand eye coordination.





The winter is a good time to revamp your swing. Get a good instructional DVD, software or coach, some wiffle balls, and a tee. You can get 100 + swings in a day.





Good hitting sources





Steve Englishbey


RightViewPro


Epstein


Batspeed.com|||The best thing to do is go to a local gym and exercise constantly. You play 3rd base so you have to have speed and agility. As a coach and if you were trying out for my 3rd base I would look for reaction time %26amp; accurate throwing to first with (this is pretty important) proper foot work while throwing to your target.





You can email me if you like, I have tons and tons of speed and agility drills I would be more then happy to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment