Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to get a stronger throw for softball?

This year on the softball team I'm moving over to the shortstop position and I have a strong throw but I'd like to make it a little harder.. Is there any type of arm exercises I can do to increase that?|||Hey I play softball too :) what helps a lot is push ups, push ups, push ups! Trust me..this will help a LOT. I know they kinda suck, but if you can do 50 in the morning and 50 before you go to bed, you will see improvement quickly. It really helped for me. Also, any strength training involving your shoulders, biceps, triceps etc, will help a lot too. Like weight lifting, bicep curls, etc|||Hey! I play softball and to strengthen your arm you can keep both feet planted on the ground and throw. As your arm gets stronger, the person you throw to can move backward.


Also, you can practice throwing from short and back up once your arm gets stronger.


Or, you can go on your knees and throw. When your arm gets stronger, the person you throw to moves back.





HOPE THIS HELPED! GOOD LUCK!|||check you mechanics, if you're quick with your feet and you use that momentum for your throw you can do resistance training on your legs...you can do single leg squats, open squats, and hip abductor exercises will help. Make sure to add core workouts with lower body exercises. dips or close push-ups will help strengthen triceps and pull-overs or cable lat pull will help with the back.|||Quick throws, pull ups, and push ups would help. Lifting weights would just strain your arm, so don't do that a lot. You could lift weights, but not too often. Quick throws will help you throw faster and harder. Every time you throw quickly, if you concentrate you will throw hard. Pull ups will help you get your triceps and biceps stronger. Push ups will help you get total arm strength. Hope this helps!|||I dont play softball but I do play baseball and I know that if u can hold the ball with good grip that would help. So if u practice scweezing the ball that will help and u proboly know that practice makes perfect so practice throwing the ball and have confidence

No comments:

Post a Comment