Friday, December 2, 2011

SOFTBALL!!!???!!!???!?!?!?!?

I'm a fourteen year old chic and i LOVE LOVE LOVE softball but i need some advice...





* I played a lot later then EVERYONE else so i did felt left behind considering everyone started playing since they were three and i played for three years and started in like sixth grade. but i caught up and i made it to the all star team, won the game ball a few times, won the game for my team, and i just have so much passion for softball... so here are my questions





1. Softball starts again in like one or two months so how do i try out for the tournament team ( i already signed up for the regular team)?


2. I feel left out because all the other players has really nice equipment!


3. My mom never came to any of my games before so she never even seen me hit a homerun ( especially my first one) but she started coming last season but i hated it and i started playing bad cause i felt pressured. I wanna show my mom how good i can play!!


4. I wanna practice any minute i can but i dont know how i can besides playing catch with myself. My friends dont play, my brothers are busy, my sister hates it, and my mom thinks alcohol is more important then me. I know the coach can help me but like i said i have a passion for it and i want to be pushed and trained hard sooooo bad!!!!!!!!


5. I am extremely talented at sports and i was the most athletic person in school but now i lack that i want to be the best!


6. Where can i get those sandals that strap across. People where them to softball and then put on their kleets.


7. Ok well the first coach ive ever had was a girl and no matter how bad the people were she would play them and we went to the playoffs but then i played on the team with the "best coach and the best team" but he NEVER played me not once besides catcher and we NEVER WON NOT ONE GAME! I cried cause i love the sport and i know im good and i begged him to play me but he didnt. So my coach last season was like who are our pitchers i said i would try it so i tried and i was good. So we were playing a real good team and it was a night game so i remember all the lights were shining at the pitchers mound. So it was like the fifth or sixth inning and we were running in the dug out cause the inning was over so the coach was like ----- get over here and practice your pitching!! i was like HOLY CRAP WHY!!! he had faith in me and gave me a chance so i walked on the pitchers mound my team mates are cheering me on and the other team is like omg she never pitched before. So i pitched and it was strike and i just started striking people out. I FELT AMAZING !!!! So i made it to the all star team that season ( thats when two people from each team are put on a big team to play people) and of course the coach was the one who NEVER PLAYS ME!! So the whole entire time he put me in right feild!!! So the pojnt is he'll be the all star coach this year. PLEASE HELP!! Oh yea when i played his team last year he was like everyone move in there is no way she can hit it that far and i got nervous and struck out! i never strike out!!!


8. Im nervous ill have a bunch of bad people on my team


9. Im nervous a buch of snobs will be on my team that only worry about their hair and i play softball to be with people


10. ANY ADVICE FOR PITCHING OR SOFTBALL IN GENERAL THANKS GREATLY APPRECIATE IT : )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|||1. Look around your are for traveling teams you could join. Ask friends and look in the local paper.


2. It doesn't matter, play with what you have. You can show that equipment doesn't make the player good, skill does.


3. Stop thinking about your Mom being there. Play to have fun, and you won't feel as pressured as you do.


4. You can play alone. Throw a ball against a wall and practice grounders, throw the ball over your shoulder and try pop-ups, watch the pros and then mimic them, watch yourself in the mirror to get the basics down.


5. Don't focus on being the best, just practice hard and have fun.


6. Any sporting good store, or shoe store in your area.


7. Some coaches are just stupid, try to ignore him and play for fun. If you can ignore him, you can get back to playing well, and he will see that you always were good.


8. Nothing you can do about that. If they are bad, try to help them, but not so much that you look like a know it all.


9. If you play softball to be with people you are playing for the wrong reason, try to relax and have fun. If they are snobs, laugh at and with them about it.


10. Try to have fun, and practice a lot. Get your form down, and then you can go far. It all goes back to basics.





That was a really long question, next time try to shorten it a bit.|||1. Check ASA.com for a local team for your age, you would probably be playing on a 14U team or 16U team.





2. Equipment is expensive, however expensive equipment doesn't beat out talent! If you are trying to save up for a bat, you might be able to purchase a bat from one of your teammates. Girls on my varsity high school team do that all the time and it can save you a ton of money. Most of the time it is worth it and in the end you can save a ton.





3. Just relax when you play. Don't look at the stands, just focus on your teammates and your coach and you will be ok.





4. I do this all the time on my own too. Start by running, try to run 2-4 miles a day roughly 4 times a week. That should build up your stamina and overall endurance. Run some sprints, try suicides, and agility drills (high knees, grapevine, pylometrics). Find an old batting tee or parking cone and work on hitting (You can look for drills on line). Pushups and pullups are also good. Try to get a couple of teammates to practice with because it will make it more fun and keep you motivated. I train with a couple of girls on my team all year round and it's good because you can tell each other how to improve. Mental conditioning is important too. It may sound funny but before every play I think of all the possible situations that may occur. For example, I think if the ball is hit here I will do this or go there. Believe it or not it will actually help you a great deal. Following this will eliminate any mental errors that may happen.





5. Keep practicing and you will get better. Focus on helping your team not trying to be the team superstar. There are 9 other people out there and try to learn their weaknesses and strengths. For example, I know that my friend who plays center field always throws a little bit high to me when I play second base. So I always take a step back when receiving a relay throw. Learning to accommodate to your teammates is a valuable skill!





6.You can get those sandals at dick's or sports authority: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/i鈥?/a>


7. The more you play the less nervous you will get trust me! You can't control your coach you can only control yourself. If the coach makes poor decisions work a little harder to show him how much you want the spot. Be warned this doesn't always work. There have been times when I have worked my butt off for a spot I deserved and still been benched. It sucks but it makes you tougher :).





8. Don't worry about who is on your team it is out of your control and you can only work to improve YOUR skills. I





9. I know how you feel but the more fun you have the better chance that other people will come and join in on the fun.





10. As for pitching, practice every day. Make sure you work on accuracy before speed. If you have a pitchback or a fence that you can pitch into that would also help. A net also works!


GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEASON!|||WOW !!! that was a lot to digest....let's start real small ok?





First, I would very much recommend that you go to http://www.sportskool.com/sports/softbal鈥?/a> Mike Candrea, Coach of the USA Olympic team as well as the University of Arizona has compiled alot of FREE videos on fastpitch softball. I suggest that you view these, study them, and perform every function EXACTLY as shown in the videos.





Next, http://www.eteamz.com/fastpitch/announce鈥?/a> is a start on finding a team. Just click on the state you live in and it should point you in the right direction. You can also find teams in your area and call them to see if they need players. By all means this should be done with your parents approval.





In regard to finding someone to practice with...I would suggest that you look outside your current group of friends. At school, take a look around and see who plays %26amp; who doesn't. Ask them for advice on what you should do %26amp; LISTEN....and suggest maybe we can workout together. Next you should approach the school coach, ask his/her advice...SIT BACK AND LISTEN!!! If you do not have the ability to listen to their advice then how will you get better?





From reading your post, I have a feeling this is something that you need to do. I have seen a lot of players and even the "best" ones NEVER told anyone that they were the best. In fact those players most often doubted their abilities and worked harder to achieve their goals.





Finally, the best player, any coach could want is someone who works very hard, gives it all they have, supports their team (no matter what), does not trash talk any team member on/off the field, to their face OR behind their back. IF you are as good as you think you are you will have very little problem finding a team. IF not, you may have to take a look at yourself %26amp; your skills and ask "why"?





Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment