Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I break in a softball glove fast?

I lost my softball glove so, I had to buy a new one. Unfortunately my first game is coming up this week, and my glove is too tight. It is hard for me to keep the ball in place in my glove, especially when they are pop up balls. I can catch good, but this darn glove is too new!|||You are doing the best thing already to break in your new glove. Play catch with it. Catch as many balls as you can to form it to your hand. Catch them in the pocket as much as possible too.





Another thing is to use some glove conditioner in the palm area and in the web. Rub it in good and work the glove by opening and closing it several times.


You can also use shave cream - the foam type - with lanolin in it.





Then put a softball in the pocket and tie it closed with a rubber band or shoe lace or something like that.


Leave it overnight. Then wipe any excess conditioner off and play more catch.





There are lots of bad suggestions out there. Don't put it in water, and Don't put it in the microwave.


Don't drive over it with the car. These will all damage your glove.





It takes some time for a good leather glove to break in, but it will be worth it if you do it right.





Oils are generally not a good thing to use as they will clog the pores of the leather and just make the glove heavier. Vaseline is not good either - it does the same.|||Rub down the glove with neats foot oil, place a ball in the pocket, and wrap the glove tightly with cord.


Let it sit for a couple of days to form a pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment